Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £50000 – £70000/annum Plus Package
I am looking to recruit a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor to join an M&E sub contractor based out of offices in North Kent..
The successful candidate will have a background within Mechanical & Electrical Services working on a variety of commercial, residential and health care projects, values circa £1 Million +. They will be working across a variety of contracts including JCT, NEC and framework agreements.
To provide commercial support including assisting in developing commercial strategy for specific project/s by maintaining and maximising the profitability of the project/s, through timely requests for payment, minimising of cost including sub-contractor, agreement of variations, securing of payments at the appropriate time and accurate reporting.
* Health & Safety – Demonstrate appropriate Health and Safety leadership.
* Commercial Risk Identification – Understanding of contract terms for projects and specific risks this may place upon the company, prior to any agreement of contract / amendments and ensuring these are commercially mitigated during duration of the project. Advise and implement the appropriate procedures in line with the contractual obligations throughout the project in order to mitigate and protect from risk
* Applications for payment / valuations – Capable of preparing and submitting applications for payment or invoices on time with appropriate substantiation of CE’s / Variations with minimal supervision
* Subcontract Payment – In conjunction with the Commercial Manager manage subcontract accounts in accordance with the subcontract through to settlement
* Cash Collection – Demonstrates the capability to understand and operate the current cash flow and payment mechanics of a contract
* Commercial Administration – Liaising with relevant operational management to have a continual understanding as to status of projects with respect to; applications, certifications, payment received, timeliness of delivery, quality of delivery and tender allowances and be able to demonstrate that records are available under audit
* Final Account Settlement – In conjunction with Commercial Manager and operational management, demonstrate negotiation skills to settle project account with Client at a level that does not negatively impact internally declared sales
* BSc Building Services QS (Desirable)
* IOSH Managing Safely
* CDM Awareness
* GCSE’s English and Maths
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org